Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 22 December 2009

The Class of 1971


We've just taken delivery of a new handheld photo scanner. We've tried one before, but it wasn't very good. This one looks a bit better, was cheaper and does 7"x5"'s too. Here's the first photo that I scanned with it. The classic school line-up photo. This one dates from 1971, and was taken at my junior school (St Mary Abbots) in Kensington, London. I had dug it out, not for this blog particularly, but for facebook, as I have come across one of my old chums on there.

A prize goes to the first person who guesses which is me. Just to make it a bit easier for you, I'm in either the front row or the back row. And no, I'm not Mr Hammer the teacher!
You have until Christmas Day.

5 comments:

  1. It’s that time of year again! I’m doing the rounds and apologising for my complete failure to more regularly offer comment on everybody’s incredible efforts for the year. I know how hard it can be to keep up with the daily grind of everyday posting, and want to thank you for your efforts.

    I especially want to wish festive greetings for all from down here at [nearly] the end of the world, the bottom of Tasmania.

    So, if you could delete whatever is not applicable, I’d like to wish you a very pleasant/merry/happy/wonderful/safe Amaterasu; Ashurall; Beiwe; Choimus; Christmas; Dazh Boh; Dongzhi; Goru; Hanukkah; Hogmanay; Junkanoo; Karachun; Koleda; Lenæa; Meán Geimhridh; Modranicht; New Years; Ras as-Sana; Rozhanitsa Feast; Şeva Zistanê; shōgatsu; Summer Solstice [if you're in the Southern Hemisphere]; Sviatki; Winter solstice [if you're in the Northern Hemisphere]; Yalda; Yule-tide; Ziemassvētki; and Коляда!

    With a hearty three cheers from Kris, Jen, Henry and Ezra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 15 is decidedly unhappy to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail, I might be wrong, but the statue you use for you avatar (and which you were kind enough to give me details of in the past) looks like the one now sited at Edwinstowe's Sherwood Visitors Centre. So I assume it's been moved there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you (drum roll) number 13?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:25 am

    Got to be number 10, you have still got that cheeky grin.....
    But then again being the Mrs I would know this....sorry couldnt resist!

    Mrs - Gails Man.... Merry Christmas my lovely husband, and all his blogger followers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.