Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 4 December 2009

Where's The Door?


While I was cycling to work this morning I saw some workmen erecting this shed like structure around the Robin Hood statue, close to the Castle. Some of you maybe thinking it's a publicity stunt, or some student prank or new art installation. Well you're all wrong. It is in fact protecting the stature from possible damage by demonstrators tomorrow. There are going to be several demonstrations by various political factions all happening at the same time. Then there is going to be a parade of soldiers returning from Afghanistan and a big football match. Hundreds of police are being drafted in and roads have been closed. I'm planning to go along and capture the events. I'm hoping in a way that there is going to be a riot, so I can capture some dynamic moments.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd keep well away myself - good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one, look forward to seeing the results of the excitment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.