Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 10 March 2010

A Crack Shot


This poster appeared on one of the little unused entrance doors to the castle today. I don't know what it is about. Freedom fighters for battery hens perhaps! Or advertising some new nightclub in town. Whatever it is about, it makes for quite an interesting piece of art.
I saw it this morning on the way in to work, and it was still there at lunchtime. Which is a record, as usually the council are quite quick to remove graffiti from public buildings.

Today is of course the day of the Headbanger Challenge. This week's theme is under water. So here are two lovely ladies getting wet under the water feature in the Market Square. Click on the links at the side to see how my fellow contestants have interpreted the theme

12 comments:

  1. Strange poster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GM: You are a tricky one aren't you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are these imac's girls from his last weeks header?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:09 pm

    Shut Down Heckler & Koch Campaign........

    http://nottsantimilitarism.wordpress.com/heckler-koch/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just you and I with no fish GM.
    Nice girls too. Thought you would try and beat my header from last week eh?.lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful young ladies and very neat interpretation of "underwater," very original! Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the poster and immediately recognized the Heckler and Koch logo, but was perplexed about the fowl. Whatton cleared it up for me.

    Love the header picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Though, as the GunDiva, I have to say that I'm absolutely against shutting down H&K. Just had to throw that out there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. C'est le Shérif ? Que fait Robin Hood ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked your header very much.. it reminded me of the fountain we once had in Hyde... alas now gone.
    The poster had me thinking.. and I was glad to see someone posted the link...

    I know a bit about this company.. and would like show my support for it, the owner, the people who work there, the work it generates... and the 'good' work done in the UK by this company.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally against arming roosters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The poster is supposedly made by QuestionMarc, an anonymous Nottingham Artist.

    http://www.questionmarc.co.uk/

    The Rooster is the Minstrel from Disney's Robin Hood :) He's the one who sings "Not in Nottingham".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.