Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Irish Eyes Are Smiling


You don't have to be Irish to know that today is St Patrick's Day. The Old Market Square was awash with people dressed in green, and sporting all sorts of hats. Instead of showing you one of those, I thought I would be a bit cynical and show you a group of traders who were going around flogging scarves, hats and flags. I bet the pubs are doing well too, with tills ringing, despite the state of the economy.

Today is also another round of the Headbanger Challenge. The topic as you can see is snowdrops. Hope you like my offering. But don't forget to view the other interpretations.

6 comments:

  1. I just love, love this header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luck of the Irish?.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent header Gailsman.... I wish I could be out with the Irish myself tonight... but don't think I'd last so long now.. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GM: What a fun look at all your Snowdrops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, a lot of money changed hands today in celebrations! All our holidays now seem to require buying a new hat and something containing alcohol. Your header is nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:10 am

    Here's a photographic challenge... Find anyone, anywhere, ever, that doesn't look an idiot in one of those jester-style hats with carrot-shaped appendages sticking out of it.

    Or am I missing the point?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.