Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Rarer Than Hens Teeth


It's Wednesday headbanger Challenge time. This weeks' subject is dolphins. And to be honest, it has been a struggle. Although Nottingham has some water running through it, in the form of the River Trent, it is not known to contain any sealife. Shopping trolleys, plastic bottles and crisp packets are more like it.
So I have had to get my brain working overtime this week, bathroom fittings, swimming costumes, beach towels. I've tried the lot. I thought of chippies, companies, names of buildings. If I lived in London, I would have nipped round to Dolphin Square. The shops I've hunted round. I had almost given up hope, when I came across these glass dolphins in a fancy gift shop. I sneakily put them nose to nose & snapped a couple of shots. Possibly a better choice than this jigsaw book from TK Maxx. Which is about the only other porpoise image that I had come across.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent... I've been looking forward to what you and Imac come up with... you have not let me down.. and nor as Imac... I was lucky as I caught a glimpse of some local fresh water dolphins.... very very rare they are :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget my last comment, I should have hit refresh first, LOL! Excellent header AND post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colourful dolphins GM.
    Nice one

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter needs one of those for her room, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a hard challenge. I like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.