Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Yellow Mellow

The white of winter is hopefully behind us now and have the yellow of summer to look forward to. I've taken a number of yellow inspired photos for this week's headbanger competition. But while I was trying to tidy up the front garden yesterday, I uncovered two crocuses that were pushing their way up from under some dead leaves and twigs. Perfect I thought. Just the thing for the comp.

Here is my other idea; a selection of warning signs. What interests me about them is the fact that they are all black and yellow, just like the body of a wasp or a bee. So obviously man has followed nature in this instance, rather then using the traditional red and white, that they tend to use for a lot of road signs.

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful for you to find this promise of Spring!! I love Crocus blooms, very nice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Crocus... it makes a great header for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. GM: It looks like there is a theme of flowers for several post. This should make for interesting voting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simple beauty of the header shot and really like the signs too!
    And just a side note - I'd love to explore that abandoned building in your previous entry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crocus is gorgeous, love the diffused effect..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:18 pm

    When I was in the scouts, our neckerchiefs were black and yellow and our scout master told us that these two colours were the best combination to be seen from far away... thus, our neckerchiefs would be useful for signalling in an emergency.

    I never used mine for this but maybe that's why these colours are used for warning signs... or it could be the bees.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.