Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 2 March 2010

Variety's Dead


As Tom W promised to be good today (and I'll be checking up later) here's the rather sad looking building I was talking about yesterday. It's a shame really, as I think it has bags of character, especially with the stone busts on all the tops of the window and door frames. If it was located in another part of town, then I'm sure some property developer would snap it up and turn it into a seven bed family home complete with ensuites, but as it is in no man's land, then there's a bulldozer heading towards it.
Reading about the place on Google, it seemed to be a bit of a dive in its day, similar to Peter Kays' Phoenix Nights. Bizarrely it has it's own facebook page.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I have enjoyed looking at your pictures. I spent 10 years in Nottingham so the memories came back for sure! I think I'll add you to my blogroll as I like to keep up with what is going on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.