Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 23 April 2010

George And The Dragon?


St George's Day today, and it was quite busy in the Old Market Square. Besides St George himself on horseback, a dragon was wandering around scaring everybody. Even Robin Hood made an appearance. Here's Nottingham's lady mayoress posing with St George for the local news.
I tried to get a shot of all of them together, but the horse was scared of the dragon and so had to stay away, otherwise St George might have come a cropper!

1 comment:

  1. Lady Mayor apparently. I thought Mayoress when I did some recent writing about her visit to the Lace Market Theatre but I was corrected. Or is that, politically corrected?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.