Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 25 April 2010

A Writer Well Written


I was going to show you a shot from a beauty show that I went to with Gail at Birmingham's NEC today, but I have now learned that the well know and loved local writer Alan Sillitoe died today at the age of 82. He is perhaps best remembered for Saturday Night, Sunday Morning. You may remember that I did a little 'then and now' project a couple of months back showing locations used in the film.
As a memorial to him, here is a sign from a block of flats in Radford that had been named after him, which I took during my walk around the area.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:42 pm

    A sad loss... and did you notice (as some literary wit remarked in the Guardian today) that he died between Saturday night and Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see him remembered in his home town

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.