Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Autumn Gold


Well the colder, darker days have started, which of course heralds the start of winter. And with this change of season comes the falling of leaves. Golden flakes silently dropping to the ground. I snapped this collection in the grounds of the castle.

Wednesday also heralds the Headbanger Challenge, the usual suspects' battle of the photos. Cameras at dawn and all that. This weeks theme, set by Dave is "celebrations". The best celebration that I've been to was my own wedding. My first and only I hope. A very special day in more ways than one. Besides the wedding, it was my birthday, and Gail has been the best present that I have ever received. We had a lovely day at the Chinese Gardens in Sydney, surrounded by my family who live there, and Gail's ex husband who came along to be a witness. We had a great holiday there too and would love to go back one day.

4 comments:

  1. Now whos pulling on the heart strings lol.

    Well I must admit I nearly went with a wedding, one that we saw in St Ives.

    Got to agree with you tho, its a top choice to go with GM

    ReplyDelete
  2. GM: That was a neat trick for you to get a shot of your hand at the wedding. LOL It certainly is a special celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Weddings are a very special time for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love the Autumn colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.