Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Back To The Future


It's been my choice this week for the Headbanger Challenge, and I've chosen 'retro'; the modern word for recycling the past. I was hoping to to find a really good example to win the gold this week, but nothing has tapped me on the shoulder and said "take my photo". So it's been another trawl of the archive and I've found this great example of a hairstyle that seems to have been around since the 1950s with the introduction of rock 'n' roll. I actually took this last year, so perhaps this guy has had the same style since he was a young man. And that's some sideboard he's got. I don't think even Elvis had his that wide. Please visit the other members of the gang to see how they have interpreted the theme and enjoy the musical trip down Memory Lane.

Today's daily photo picture is another from Belton House, and a statue inside the Orangery. I have given it a retro feel, so it resembles an old Victorian print or postcard.

4 comments:

  1. I could quite picture that he has had that hairstyle for the last 40+ years, great catch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GM: So Elvis and his Ducks Ass and sideburns is hiding in England.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Retro style eh GM, not you then shucks.like the film too.
    Like the retro belton figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that even the person who thinks up the theme has a bit of difficulty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.