Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 2 March 2011

To Bake Or Not To Bake


A touch of the Jamie Oliver's this week with Dave's chosen Headbanger theme. Although I do the majority of cooking, baking is not something I've really tried. We do have a breadmaker though, and I occasionally make a wonderful crusty wholemeal loaf. Delicious warm, with a knob of goat's butter.

Trawling round the several bakeries in town, I found several window displays full of very tempting offerings, so have made a collage of them. This was what I was going to put up as my header. But then I got into thinking, and wondered if I could get something better. So trawling through my photographic archive, I came across this little gem from a holiday to Dubai. An aptly named drinks can 'baking' on a hot beach.

7 comments:

  1. It is your Header then.
    Well I wouldnt have thought of that one my friend.
    Its a sweaty can too, being baked on a stony beach.
    The cakes looks good to eat, I keep seeing your fingers trying to get hold of that centre one, and its mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GM: I'll stick with the collage, that can won't taste good no matter how long it cooks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GM: I should of said baked can, who was drinking sweat anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baked sweat in a can priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look so delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. eeewwwww! I could not in my wildest imagination drink something called sweat! And I'm not a squeemish girly girl, but that crosses the line. The pile of baked goods look very tempting indeed, I think that you should give baking a go, it is very satisfying! First start by lifting the dough out of your bread machine before it cooks it, shape it into a lovely rustic looking loaf and pop it in the regular oven.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.