Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 7 March 2011

A Man With A Name


Leaving Hartington this morning after checking out of the hotel, Gail suggested that we make our way to Bakewell; a fairly large county town famous for a certain type of cake with a pastry base. It has been deemed by the bureaucrats in Belgium that only this type of cake can be called a Bakewell Tart, if it is actually made in Bakewell. We of course bought one from a bakery, as well as a couple of other cakes that we ate in the warm sunshine. Walking past the various sorts of shops that you find today, we came across this gift shop. I said to Gail that I needed to take a photo of it, as it shares the same name as my blogging buddy 'Imac'.

4 comments:

  1. I do hope you and Gail had a splendid time, it certainly sounds as if you always have a grand time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very English. I was intrigued by the Enlgish village shops that were post offices and mini-supermarkets, newsagents and gifts all in one. With the bell on the door to alert the shopkeeper who would be having tea in the room beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stewarts looks like it is jam-packed with merchandise. The cake you described sounds great! PS. After today, come visit me on my Mazatlán, México blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, You found my shop GM, come on in, I'll give you discount my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.