Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Motorbikin'


Gail and I have been to the big photography trade fair at the NEC in Birmingham called Focus on Imaging 2011. All the top names were there showing off their new cameras, and other companies like Ilford, Kodak, Epson and many others had stands to demonstrate their products. Gail bought herself a monopod and a spongy case for her bridge camera, while I bought a copy of Photoshop Elements 9 at a bargain price, and splashed out on a new camera; a Nikon D90 with an 18-105mm lens. As much as I love my Panasonic G1 & GF1, the choices of lenses are a bit limited and rather expensive at the moment. So I thought I would give the Nikon a go. I'll show you some shots with it when I've charged the battery and worked out what all the buttons do.

There were a number of workshops and demonstrations going on throughout the day. From showing people how some software works to explaining how to set up a home studio and the different lights available. Here's one of the models they used posing on this substantial motorcycle.

2 comments:

  1. She's a Beauty........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:02 pm

    @ Stewart, Yes must admit it's a lovely motorbike! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.