Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Thank You For Being A Friend

Many words have been said and written about friends, which is this week's Headbanger Challenge, from our very own Imac. So what exactly is a friend? I know and work with lots of people, but I wouldn't class them all as friends. Some I do. I think some of the main ingredients that make a friend, are (1) how long you've known each other (2) do you enjoy each others company (3) would you miss them if they weren't here. Relatives are another matter, as the old saying goes; you can choose your friends, but not your relatives.
Which brings me to my header picture; my wedding day, and the honour of Gail becoming my wife and very, very, very best friend. That was in 2006, but I feel just the same about her all these years later. None of the friendship has disappeared, and we both enjoy each other's company. Like every other couple in the 21st century we have disagreements over various issues. But nothing too serious, and one that can't be solved over a cup of tea and a biscuit.
Enjoy the song, which means something special to Gail and I and also don't forget to visit my headbanger friends to see how they have interpreted this week's theme.

7 comments:

  1. GM: This should get a lot of points on the home front my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice. And what a sweet picture to go with the sentiment. So much to see in that moment captured. May you have a long and always pleasant road ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the tightest friendship is that of husband and wife. May your friendship only get stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely Gailsman. You two are very lucky to have found love like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tribute! It is my hope that the happiness you both have together will extend to many, many years!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heart strings my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:15 pm

    Aww my lovely wonderful husband, and my bestest friend! Thats so nice....
    And I still love you millions xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.