Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday, 14 August 2014

Singing For His Supper


As I've had a day off work today, and it was warm and sunny, I had a potter about in the garden. Catching up on some weeding, planting and a general tidying up. While I was working away, I heard a bird singing in the nearby Leylandi trees.

Not a song that I recognised, so looking up, I tried to see what bird was making the sound, but it took me a while to find him hiding within the greenery.  I wondered if he would move, so I could get a clearer view of him. Anyway I went inside to get my camera and zoom lens. When I returned, the bird had moved to a better spot and so I was able to get a clearer view and shot of him.

I didn't recognise the species. It certainly wasn't a sparrow, robin or tit. So looking on the RSPB website, I think it might be a twite. Are there any ornithologists reading this that can confer or disagree with this?