Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 22 August 2014

Sinister


As a fan of noir movies, I saw this staircase in one of our public buildings and I think it fits in very well with the theme. You can just imagine Humphrey Bogart or Robert Mitchum standing there in trench coat and holding a gun. Or Barbara Stanwyck climbing the stairs slowly, as she heads for a rendezvous in an hotel room.

Obviously it's not as dark as I've made it. Slight tweaking in my digital darkroom. Although it is all concrete and looks quite depressing in a way. But it's not a staircase from one of the city centre's multi storey car parks, as you might expect, but one that was built for entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.