Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 8 July 2009

Boxer Beat


Here, just for Babooshka, is the delayed photo of Carl Froch, our local celebrity champion boxer. He was publicising a new campaign to find champion neighbours. Those that do good works for charity, or are just brilliant neighbours.

It's good that he's publicising the scheme, but what I don't agree with is the fact that he's being paid £36,000 a year by the council to do it. If I was a local celebrity like him, I'd be only too pleased to lend my name to worthwhile events like this for nothing. Putting something back into the community. It's not like flogging some after shave on TV, or wearing some branded trainer.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:14 pm

    Couldn't have put it better myself... so I won't try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the name of the book you mention on Sally's blog: the one about Sydney historic and today?
    I love that kind of concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is Mr Froch! I agree £36,000 is just too much for what should be a pleasure to do. I wonder how much Jeremy Clarkson expect here. Actually that's a really bad idea, he doesn't like neighbours of any kind, especially ramblers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.