Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 6 July 2009

Lights, Camera, Action (2)


Another day, another film crew. This time it was our very own Dominic Heale from the BBC's Midlands Today with the microphone. He was doing a vox pop about Nottingham City Council's rather unusual idea of splitting up the city into zones. Dominic had cards of these illustrated zones and you had to guess where they were. I didn't do that well, even I know the city centre like an old friend. The card you can see represents the Broad Marsh. I thought it meant the canal area.

Alas my interview ended up on the cutting room floor, but I gave him one of my Nottingham Daily Photo cards. Hopefully he will have a look at this and past entries. So if you're reading this, hello Dominic!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:00 pm

    It seems to me that the main point of splitting the city into zones with pictorial illustations of each, is to make it easier for motorists to know where to park. I think cars should be banned from the city centre and the cash for new signs should be spent on improving park and ride services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banning car sounds like a good idea. And it's always interesting to see a few portraits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mention your Nottingham Daily Photo cards. Just out of interest, what do they look like?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.