Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 9 July 2009

Shopaholics


I took my first photo of the day at about 07:50 this morning. It is about the earliest I have taken a photo so far. The attraction? The opening of a new Lidl store in Beeston. I had the vague idea that I would be about the first in the queue for the grand opening at 8am. But I was wrong. As you can see there must have been about a hundred people waiting for the opening. As they are a low cost supermarket, there was no razamatazz or guest star, just our local mayor to cut the ribbon. I saw a camera buddy of mine who was hoping to get a laptop for £190. Alas they soon sold out. I bought a few groceries, then went back home for my breakfast.

4 comments:

  1. £190 laptop?! I'd have been in the queue too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:02 pm

    This reminds me of pictures from the depression of the 30's in Time and Life magazines.

    http://contexts.org/socimages/files/2008/05/b-w_living.jpg

    Don't think things are that bad now though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one.
    You should try shooting at 4-6am, I did some yrs ago in Ireland. Captured sunrise, dark clouds rain storm, then rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A queue this long...for Lidl?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.