Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 22 July 2009

Birmingham Beach


I was quite surprised to find that Birmingham too had created a beach for the summer. As you can see it is on a lot smaller scale than Nottingham's. Maybe Birmingham City Council didn't have the money to spend and maybe their sponsor didn't want to donate as much as ours have. Mind you, they will make a tidy profit from all the drinks, ice creams and food they sell, plus the charge for going on the rides over the six weeks that it is there. In fact if the weather stays dry, it should be a nice little earner for them.

4 comments:

  1. I've got a feeling that this beach thing is going to be the same as the Christmas markets. They've opened a beach in Gloucester today! If I get the chance I'll head over to see what its like.

    And I thought Nottingham was special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how surreal this image is to me as an ex Brummie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny for me to see this picture as the "beach" was already set up in June when I was visiting there for Rotary's 100th international convention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:16 am

    I read the post with interest and I like the photo and then I must say, the only people making money at "events" are the people selling food or drinks or both.

    Audrey is on Pick a Peck of Pixels. You saw her with green peas all over her face. Now, see her at 9 with her hair blowing in the wind. Be part of history. Become a Follower or leave a comment. Tell you friends. Link up. Pick a Peck of Pixels

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.