Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 1 July 2009

Cry God For Harry, England And St George


Today I had to go to Market Bosworth for the day. It's in Leicestershire and the area is famous for the Battle of Bosworth Field; the final 'Wars of the Roses' where Henry V beat Richard III in August 1485.

I just hope it wasn't as hot then as it was today, otherwise they would all have died of heatstroke and dehydration, never mind by bow and arrow or sword. The temperature gauge in my car showed 30.3*C. Hot enough to fry an egg on the bonnet. We're off to Dubai at the end of the month, so I expect it will be even hotter there.

5 comments:

  1. Great place have been there.
    Have a great holiday GM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very English scene. Yes, it has been hot! I thought I was melting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leicestershire is a riddle. Some call it North, others Midlands. Midlands to me.Always be an England so beautiful. As you are dear Larry O today, my post is more Sid James.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm, you know GM, 30 deg merely invokes polite scoffing by us sun-kissed antipodeans :-)(Actually it's about 5 deg hotter than my optimal)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:25 am

    Incredibly important battle. Start of the reign of the 'terrible Tudors' (as Terry Deary calls them) which included Henry VIII and 'Bloody Mary' and ended with the death of Elizabeth I. A hugely significant period in British history... but I wonder how many people know that this battle happened on our doorstep?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.