Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 6 March 2008

The Cars The Star


The owners of the big wheel in the Old Market Square have been given permission for it to remain there for another month. So if I can afford it, and if I can find the courage to go on it I will. In the meantime, I have been trying to find different ways of taking photos of it. So what do you all this of this one? I think it gives some perspective on the size and height of the thing. Do you agree?

As an aside, I have been analysing the number and regularity of visitors I had last month. The top 3 friends are Zakscloset with 19, Marley with 17 and Joy with 12. So I have sent them a Robin Hood seal of approval.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:43 am

    I like the photo of the big wheel as you call it. I hope it doesn't get stuck when you decide to go on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big wheel perspective. I loke the angle you chose, a bit different than what most pople would choose. Clever in B & W, quite dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure is a great shot Gailsman.

    I dont have a head for heights, but I mustard up enuf to go on the cable car in austria, thinking of the photography opotunity won.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:43 pm

    Interesting angle - I think it makes it look horizontal, but that could just be my dodgy eyesight! I think you should definitely pluck up the courage to go on it - I hate heights but when I went on the London Eye it wasn't scary at all and well worth it for the amazing views.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:49 pm

    Good choice doing the big wheel in b&w. Makes it seem older and scarier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, great angle there! And the B&W lends itself well to the composition.

    Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and for leaving your comments. Do visit again!


    joy
    A Pinay In England
    Your Love Coach
    The Goddess In You

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the seal of approval! And the link!

    This is a great shot. It really shows the size off. I think its time to get on it and get snapping, or send gail up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yaaay!!! woo hoo, i won the robin hood award!! thank you! so can i come by your house and collect my award cake now? :^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this viewpoint.
    anything big and sculptural is just begging to have its photo taken!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.