Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 14 September 2008

Numerical Sunday - 9


This rowing boat with its number 9 reminds me of another very old joke. I know loads!
It concerns some rowers who were out in boats on a lake. The man in charge looked at his watch and then shouted out to the rowers "Come in number nine, your time's up". His assistant looked at him, shook his head and said "But we've only got eight boats". The boss looked out on the water again and yelled; "Are you in trouble number six?"!

4 comments:

  1. That is an old one! And a corny one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can hear the laugh all the way from the south of France! Well I've not heard it before and I've upset the dogs cos I laughed too loud...

    I left a response to your question on Monte Carlo DP. Won't repeat it here cos it doesn't relate to boats. Please take a look. And thanks.

    Oh I love this shot, by the way. Beautiful reflection, and such gorgeous colours. Pity about the one who drowned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:42 pm

    Old and corny it may be, however the english sense of humour is like no other. The best there is I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oldie but goodie. In fact it's so old that it must be considered a retro chic joke( don't say that too loudly it will catch on) and it made me laugh. Love the reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.