Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 13 September 2008

Ring Dem Bells


I visited some more heritage open days this morning. A couple of them were just showing old photos of the area, which were quite interesting. I also went up the bell tower at my local parish church again. I was a bit disappointed that they weren't letting anybody go up to the roof like last year. I was really looking forward to taking some more aerial shots of Beeston. The good old health & safety bods strike again!

So here is a shot of the 10 bells that ring out when there is a wedding; like this afternoon (Monday's photo) and during the evening when the campanologists do their practicing.

2 comments:

  1. You mean they have to be dragged out of that stack first and rung by muscle power? Wow. Kudos to the bell ringers! That sounds like a lot of hard work.

    Our university church got a bell tower only a few years ago, and they're rung electronically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the portal I honestly saw chairs bent in on a dining table at the end of a restaurant night. Optical illusion. Health and saftey is just an oxymoron in the UK now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.