Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 18 April 2009

The Devil Sings Long And Loud


For a treat, I took Gail to the theatre last night to see the musical version of The Witches of Eastwick. It stars Marti Pellow, the former singer of Wet Wet Wet. Oh and how the ladies in the audience screamed when he first appeared on stage.

I hadn't seen the film before, so I didn't know what to expect. On the whole I quite enjoyed it, but maybe not as much as Blood Brothers. The acting, dancing and singing were very good, although I didn't think there were any really memorable songs like say Cats or Evita have. Every so often my interest awoke when some scantily clad female came on. The "devil dancers" were something else!

Photography was of course banned, but I took a shot when the actors gave their curtain calls. It's not the best photo I could have taken, but at least I hope you can tell it's Marti Pellow.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:05 am

    O how I used to drool over Marti Pellow in my younger days. I went to see the show too and thought it was marvelous and Marti is still a very very sexy man!
    He can come and blow my candle out any night, oh la la!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Anonymous - I loved Marti and went to see Wet Wet Wet in Brisbane many moons ago. I know he went through a very rough stage so it's great to see him back performing again. Sounds like an interesting show Gail's Man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sneaky, very sneaky...I'm sure Marti Pellow doesn't mind the publicity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the original film with Jack Nicholson playing the lead part, now that was good.
    Good shot GM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.