Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 17 April 2009

The Smell Of The Greasepaint And Big Boots


I don't know about you, but I think there is something quite sinister about clowns. I know they are meant to be funny, with their red nose, big boots and custard pie routines. But to me they aren't to be trusted. Hidden behind all that make-up and bright clothes beats a heart of pure evil. There are quite a few stories of clowns that were bad, The Joker from Batman & Stephen King's It spring to mind. The fear is called coulrophobia and people of all ages seem to suffer with it.

This one is called Pogo, and was entertaining the kids in the market square today, which for them means the end of the holidays & back to school on Monday.

6 comments:

  1. you're joking eh.
    Clowns put the fear into peeps -- so they laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks especially sinister, what with that square red nose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't sleep, clowns will eat me. Clowns invade your personal space and they do the unexpected. In a scary way. Nice pic though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend you are invited to pop and see the latest built Steam Engine = The Tornado.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are not funny, they are sinister. Ronald McDonald is a..no I won't say. "Kids don't speak to strangers"- but it's ok to talk to the guy with the slashed mouth grin, morgue make up and over sized feet that smacks people around. Don't get me started on Father Christmas. Scary photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I hate clowns.

    lol @ what Babooshka said! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.