Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 16 September 2010

Bill Posters Are Never Prosecuted


Came across this rather unusual advertising poster during my walk on Sunday. Not the advert itself, although it's quite amusing, but the fact that they've tried to make it look like one of those old adverts where they used to actually paint the bricks. You can still see remains of these 'ghost signs' as they are called even now. Apparently there are three designs. I hope to capture the other two on my travels.

3 comments:

  1. Not seen any of these around here - having said that will probably see several over next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re your comment at Hyde DP - they've already knocked down what was on the left of the canal - an old engineering works and now it is a housing estate - I think some of the houses are already occupied - got a series of photos showing the demolition and construction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Gerald I have not seen one of these posters here in Yorkshire. I think it is quite an interesting idea and I do like Anchor butter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.