Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 28 September 2010

What A Difference A Century Makes


I was looking at some old photos of Nottingham the other day, partly for inspiration and partly for pleasure. Seeing quite a few familiar streets, I wondered how many, or how few differences there might be. I did something similar earlier in the year with the locations used in Saturday Night Sunday Morning.

So to begin with here is Bridalsmith Gate. The photo on left was taken during 1899, the one on the right was taken today. I think I managed to stand in just about the same spot. On the whole, the street has hardly changed. The buildings have obviously been modernised, or in one case, rebuilt. Not exactly sure when though, but probably in the 1920s.

2 comments:

  1. remarkable how substantially the same it is - especially the roofline.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.