Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Slow Timing


This week's 'Headbanger Challenge' is macros or close up, and chosen by Imac, who likes doing that sort of thing and to be honest is rather good at it. It's not something I've done very much, so I was wondering what to take a photo of. I just happen to be putting the lock to the garage on the wheelie bin, when I spotted this baby snail chugging along the lid. I took a few frames, with this one being about the best, although it wouldn't win any prizes, let alone the gold shield! So for my header shot this week, I've gone for a 'close up' of the logo that was on the side of one of the Bartons buses that I saw on Saturday.

Don't forget to visit the rest of the gang to see their interpretations of the theme.

7 comments:

  1. Neat snail GM and Robin with his sword is sure clos-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:04 pm

    I've been on, and been passed, by thousands of Barton buses over the years but never really noticed the detail on their Robin Hood logo... so thanks for this.

    Why's he wearing a bow tie though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you caught up with the woman who has won the new researcher of the year (or something like that) on her study of how far snails will track back home. The outcome? don't throw them over your neightbours fence, they will just come back. Best to pop them a block or two away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GM: Neat shot of the snail, I like it better then the bus shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The header from the bus is certainly bright and up close. I see you weren't a snail at posting either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice snail photo. Mo is right they can figure out around 30 yards travel with their inbuilt satnav, after that they are stuffed.
    I have always had a bit of a soft spot for snails, dunno why just always have. I hate slugs though, saxo is the answer according to a young friend who mentioned them a couple of days back. Yuurrghh! to that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the title that you chose to go with the photo of the snail!!! Cute! (as snails go.. :)) )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.