Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 12 February 2011

Fruit Pastels


This street artist was just starting on a sketch of the Mona Lisa and had a small audience gathered round him when I arrived. He had already finished another representation of a well known oil painting. I watched him for a while, while he worked on the face area with his pastels. I don't know if he sold them at the end, but I am surprised to find out that he uses hairspray to presumably stop the colours from smudging.

One of the best street artists I've seen, is a guy who makes his pictures look 3 dimensional. You may have seen them, as they often do the rounds through email. If not, here's a link to some examples.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Love the work of street artists. Hairspray makes a great fixative, especially if you like your work perfumed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.