Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Who's Next



Another Wednesday Headbanger challenge. This weeks theme is 'tracks' , and comes courtesy of the Fishing Guy himself; Tom.

I thought about things that I didn't want to show. Cliched ideas like animal footprints, tyre marks and train lines. So I thought of one of my other hobbies; namely listening to music. So my header this week is a close up of an old vinyl record, or LP as they used to be known. And here's the full sized thing. Side One of the Who's epic opus Quadrophenia, which is about the adventures and life of a Mod in the early 1960s. It was also made into a film in 1978 staring Phil Daniels and an unknown Sting. What is also amusing is that the company who released the album is called Track Records!

Don't forget to visit the others in the team and see what they have come up with.

5 comments:

  1. You are certainly on track with your header this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have got a wind up player then?
    Neat idea my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There certainly are a lot of different tracks out there in the world. My vinyl tracks are all on my ipod now, gave the real ones away to the children for antique purposes, they loved getting them and I loved getting the space cleared and the dust and mildew out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aptly named company! And a great shot for the theme! My wife has a lot of 45's and a few 78's (talk about scratchy tracks!). And I recentlly read that the CD's were about to join vinyl in the istory books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GM: Certainly thought it was a record before you posted, nicely captured.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.