Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 2 February 2013

A Mirrored Life


This is the new E-on building that is now open and occupied after a lengthy build last year.

For those that don't know, E-on is one of the UK's main power supply companies, and I think that this is their main HQ for the region, where most of the admin goes on.

Strangely enough, last weekend, a friend of mine was cajoled by one of the building's security staff for taking photos of the building, and was told that he needed a permit form the company to be able to take pictures of it. My friend Pete told the 'jobsworth' that he was perfectly entitled to photograph the building, as he was on public land, i.e, the pavement.
Pete wrote a formal complaint to the company about his treatment, and has since received an apology.

Fortunately or unfortunately I was not approached whilst I was taking my photographs. Probably because they didn't notice me.



2 comments:

  1. Getting updated - just like London

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful reflections!
    What a fabulous blue sky!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.