Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 28 February 2013

Seaside Ride



Whilst staying at Portmeirion, we took a little trip to Porthmadog, and ended up at the little seaside town of Criccieth.

We saw a castle on a hill, but drove round trying to find out how to get to it. We couldn't work it out, so parked opposite the lifeboat station and had a stroll on the very stoney beach, and took some photos from there.

While wandering about I came across this very rusty and decomposing child's bike. A great subject for a photograph I said to Gail. Something that Derek Jarman collected at Dungeness. So I took several, at various different angles. But I like this one the best.

Also on the beach were three girls. Probably friends, rather than sisters. They all wished me a 'Happy Birthday' as I was wearing a very large "I am 50" badge, which Gail gave me at breakfast. They were very cold, as they didn't seem to be dressed very well for the cold & windy weather.

We chatted to them for a while, and Gail took some photos of them jumping off some old rowing boats. We then watched them stroll off onto the pier for some very strong sea breezes.





4 comments:

  1. I like the blue bike photo, it looks very striking against the grey rock. Seeing items like this makes me wonder where the rest of the bike is, & how did it arrive on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to visit there someday!
    The first picture is very interesting!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah, Criccieth! I went there many many years ago on a camping holiday with the scouts and some years later with my ex wife for another different kind of holiday. I like Wales.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.