Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 23 February 2013

The Point Of No Return


I had a bit of good news via Twitter the other day. The Galleries of Justice contacted me to say that I had won one of their mugs for following them on Twitter, as they were running a competition for the next 3 people to follow them would get a mug. And fortunately, I was one of them.

They asked for my address, so they could send it out to me. I suggested that I could collect it in person. They also said that my photography was amazing and invited me to have a look round and see what I could find to photograph.

So here's a couple of the results. The first is a board listing the rules of the prison, with the reminder of what might happen to them if they were not going to be transported to Australia.

Below is the typical of the conditions that the prisoners found themselves in once behind bars. I think the rats had a better life. At least they found themselves a way out.

It is a very good attraction, and the actor led tours are amusing and informative. Apparently it is the only one of its kind in Europe, and so should be on the 'to do' list of every visitor to our fair city.  It has been suggested that the site is the most haunted in England. This is not surprising, considering the number of people that must have died there. Not including all those that were hanged.

For more details about all the things you can see and witness, here's a LINK to their website.


6 comments:

  1. Thats a little different than it is today - wot say you?

    Nice shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good thing to happen and a lovely opportunity too. I like your pics and the new header too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new header you placed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. shivers are being sent up my spine as i read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. I know the Galleries of Justice are supposed to be ecellent, but I've never visited them, as I'd find it far too distressing. Not the ghosts,just the thought of all the poor people who were kept there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, quite sinister...
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.