Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 4 February 2013

Smile, As You Are On The Radio


Last week a professional photographer friend of ours called Michael Lau announced that he was going to shoot a couple of local radio presenters, and that he was going to invite one of his friends to act as an assistant.

Of course I and 30 odd others applied, but there was only one winner. But as I work in town and Michael's studio is only a ten minute walk away, I sent him a message to ask if it was alright to go along to see what was happening. Happily he said yes, so I popped over this lunchtime for a short period.

The presenters he was going to photograph were Amy Voce and Sam Pankham from Gem 106's breakfast show. To be honest, I had no idea who they were, as I don't listen to the radio very much, and when I do, it tends to be BBC Radio Nottingham or Planet Rock. Still I wasn't there for the celebrity, but for observing the action.


Alas when I got there, they were still setting up and Sam & Amy were having their make up done. So I chatted with Michael and the others while everyone was getting ready.

At last they were ready and Michael started shooting the two presenters. I also started shooting with my OMD.  Although my camera wasn't attached to the soft boxes, I was using my 45mm f1.8 lens,  and this is one of the results.

If you want to hear what Amy & Sam sound like, then here's a LINK to their website.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool day, glad that you have the opportunity to be there and prepared this article for sharing with your friends!Thanks! :)
    And thanks for the link , I'm going to check it now.
    Léia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.