Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Head And Shoulders Above The Rest


Besides the Daleks, the biggest foe of the Doctor is the Cybermen.  Those seven foot unemotional androids who shout "delete" as they shoot anything that stands in their way to domination of the universe.

They first made their appearance in 1966, and have been appearing on and off since then. A little curious fact is that they battled every doctor except Jon Pertwee. Which sadly makes only the Daleks to face each of the eleven variations of the Timelord.

I went to the Contemporary today, as their latest exhibition has just opened.It's called "The Universal Addressibility of Dumb Things".  A rather pompous title for a exhibition if I've ever heard one.

Still what was on show, is a bit better than some that's been on lately. I was therefore surprised to see the head of a Cyberman as an exhibit.  After I took the photo, I was told off, as apparently this time you couldn't take pictures, due to some complex copyright problem between the exhibitors. This is a great shame, as I wanted to take a shot of a giant 30ft Felix, that was also on show. I feel a sneaky pic adventure coming on.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:23 am

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christopher - I removed your link on the Theme Day until your post is live on your own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, there was a tiny sign with a camera crossed out. I was even tutted at when I took a photo but I didn't realise at the time until I was told off and shown the sign - I still went ahead and took a few sneaky pics anyways. Mind you your cyberman shot is far better than anything that came out on mine. That Felix was amazing! All the best and keep up the great work. Simon Lindley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.