Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 17 February 2012

Smokin!

There was quite a bit of activity in the Old Market Square and surrounding area today. There was a truck promoting swimming and swimwear; the monthly farmers market, where I bought a bottle of locally brewed real ale; local news reporters outside the Council House, and a stall advertising the dangers to health of smoking indoors. Besides trying a cigarette at 14, I've never bothered smoking the demon weed. Can't see the point in it, besides being a waste of money of course. So I didn't really stop to have a look at what was being promoted. But something did make me stop and look twice. I'd noticed this man standing behind a display board in the shape of a house, with a rather gloomy face painted on it. He was just standing in about the right spot so it looks like he has a giant yellow head. Ideally he would be in brighter clothes. But it still makes for a comic scene.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect positioning - this photo made me smile. Like you, I've only tried smoking briefly. I decided, when I was 19,to try it,to see what all the fuss was about. Managed to smoke 1 cigarette, then tried another & realised it was a waste of time & money. And it made me cough. I'd rather buy wine or chocolate instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:37 pm

    Perfect juxtaposing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, got on at last.

    Hate this new verification tho.4th times at trying to post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.