Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 9 February 2012

I Want My Mummy


As I mentioned yesterday, I visited the Kelvingrove museum and art gallery primarily to see the AC/DC exhibition. But of course I had a good look round the many exhibits on show. And I was quite amazed that there was so much to look at. Apparently they have 8000 exhibits available. They even had a real Spitfire hanging from the ceiling. And the best part is that it is completely free to go in. Which is how all such buildings should be.

As you may remember, I posted a photo of a mummy last week as my Headbanger Challenge entry. Well here's a real one on display in their Egyptian corner. It is that of a female called Ankhesnefer, who died 2,500 years ago in Thebes. According to X rays, she was middle age when she died, but not of natural causes.

2 comments:

  1. Here's a tissue for your tears little Christopher. lol

    Or are you going to burst out in song with "Go Compare"?

    Ha Word verification word is imacc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour friends,
    First of all thanks for so kind visit and comment in our Bonjour Luxembourg!Your blog is so interesting!
    Cezar and I are fan of AC/DC, and we are envious about the exhibition, we would love visit there! :)
    Hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.