Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 18 September 2007

Between a Rock and a Hard Place


One of the country's building societies called Northern Rock is going through a bit of a sticky period at the moment. I won't bore you with all the details & they can be found on most news websites, but people who have savings with them are starting to panic. And as in my photo have been queuing up to withdraw all their money. When I took this shot, there must have been about 60 people waiting to go into the branch. Unfortunately due to the bus shelters being in the way, I can't show you the line in full.

3 comments:

  1. Great title. Hopefully this problem will get resolved...

    ReplyDelete
  2. un post tres important, j'avoue ne pas trop tout comprendre (mon anglais etant limite), mais je comprends le theme. cela doit etre dur

    a very important post, I acknowledge not too all to understand (my English being limiting), but I understand the topic. that must be hard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Panic I think. But I understand why the public don't trust the financial institutions anymore with the pensions crisis.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.