Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 8 September 2007

Stairway To Heaven


Across the UK this weekend, various buildings are being opened to the public, that are usually closed, except to certain individuals. This has happened for a few years now. This morning I went to the roof of my local church and took various shots of Beeston from a bird's point of view. I also took a couple of snaps of the very narrow spiral staircase that took you to the top of the bell tower. It reminded me of the sort you usually find in castles.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting shot with the circles and the play of light. Looks like a long hard climb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic picture, I can almost feel the textures of the stone from here! Makes me appreciate the elevator a lot more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we saw quite a few of these stairways in Scottish castles recently - tricky shot, it came out great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful. What a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:07 pm

    Heritage Open Days have given us a chance to view places where sometimes the entrance costs have been prohibitive. I'm going to feature a few over the next few days.

    South Shields Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.