Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 28 October 2008

Bluesday Tuesday - 12


The first time I heard the expression "cherry picker" I naturally thought it was someone that collected cherries off trees. Then I discovered it was actually a mechanical arm with a platform for someone to stand in to reach something high. Nowadays you see them all the time almost everywhere. If only I had the patent!

So today here is a blue cherry picker being used by someone to clean the side of a building. Not a job I could do, as I can't stand heights, unless I'm sitting down in an aeroplane or helicopter.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:41 am

    Seems like a lot of expense to wash the building. There must be a reason beyond the obvious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, it's been a long time since i visited your blog! ooooh, good ol' nottingham :^) i'd love to come back for my graduation in the winter but who knows really! i'm STILL unemployed after 2 months of serious job hunting. it is the stupid american economy...ugh. can you please hire me!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a scary job, I think, being that high up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sort of like the idea of going up in one of those things - but I don't think I would be able to lean over the edge to clean a window!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.