Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 18 October 2008

Space Cowboys


The other day I wrote about going to the National Space Centre in Leicester and being arrested by some stormtroopers from Star Wars. Mo said she wanted to see the evidence. So for her here it is. Enjoy.

This will be the first time my face has appeared on this blog. It will probably be the last too, as I prefer to be behind the camera. It's not that I'm camera shy, it's just that I'm not at all photogenic and always look fairly dreadful in photos. I bet even David Bailey couldn't take a good photo of me.

The stormtroopers belong to an organisation called the UK Garrison , volunteers who attend functions in return for donations to charity.

8 comments:

  1. If you didnt say it was you, I would have never known. Your name tag doesnt say Gails Man. Neat picture, I would be getting my picture taken with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And is that the actual Gail in the back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, If I see someone in town with a camera taking photos of random things I often wonder it it's 'Gails man'. Now I'll know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you! I wonder why most bloggers don't feature in their photos - probably because you'd always need to get someone else to take it, unless of course you set the timer, lol! And we're probably a shy lot as well. I'd blogged for two and a half years before I finally put a photo of me on my first blog!!

    Will do the Shambles pics this week :-) Need to go out early to do them, otherwise the street is too jam packed with tourists to photograph anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will not be seen for love nor money in my pics, as there is a price on my head. It is a great image, a caption competition if ever I saw one. Nice to see you Gail's man. That's the other thing, we are mainly anonymous name wise too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:12 am

    Hahaha. Are you really at the space centre. I see these storm troopers down at South Bank. Guess they have the ability to transport themselves as matter whever they choose. Great shot. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, see, I would have been totally convinced if not for the ear to ear grin. You better give that another go...

    ReplyDelete
  8. See if you didn't say it was you, we never would've known! You look like you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.