Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 4 October 2008

The Ultimate Council House


This is the Guildhall, Worcester's seat of power. The building was erected during the 1700's, with a touch of restoration in the 1880's. It really is a lovely building, both inside and out. I popped in as there was an exhibition on about how, where and when new housing was to be built and employment opportunities appearing etc. Generally these ideas are shown to the public for their comments, before being adopted under something called the 'Local Plan'. Most councils across England do them every few years with varying degrees of success.

2 comments:

  1. It is a lovely builidng. A very long time since I have been here. I'm from Cradley and we often used to catch the train to Worcester for a day. Beautiful place. Good explanation of the "Local Plan." ot so democratic here. Pleasure to see again. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:11 pm

    I love these wonderful old buildings throughout the UK. This one is really lovley. Is it ornate inside? Thanks for telling me about the 3D pavement art. Think I found the right link. I have mentioned it and refered back to you in todays post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.