Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 8 October 2008

The Old Black & White


I am not a fan of football at all & I don't think I've actually put any football related photos on this site before. But today I am. I may have mentioned it in passing though, as Nottingham has two clubs; Forest & County. Neither of which are as particularly successful as they once were. With both languishing in the lower divisions.

Notts County, locally known as the Magpies and one of England's oldest clubs said goodbye to one of it's best managers yesterday, as Jimmy Sirrel was laid to rest, with a big funeral at St Mary's Church.

My photo shows the gates to the ground covered in scarves, flowers and shirts, left by the fans in his memory.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:34 pm

    The tributes to death certainly changed post Diana. I don't know the team or the manager. Clearly a much loved person in the community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful display as a tribute to him. This is splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Tribute and great photo.

    My red bus was taken at Duxford Coach rally, got some nice pics of planes as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.