Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 19 October 2008

Shop Of The Stars


I think almost everyone has heard of Harrods. The top people's department store in London. Either through their famous sale after Christmas, the distinctive green bags or the fact that Princess Diana was dating the owner's son.

When I was in London last week, I made my first visit to the Knightsbridge store. I managed to take a couple of sneak photos. Here's the first; a display to show the 75th anniversary of the British Film Institute. I love the Art Deco styling and colours in this part of the building.

6 comments:

  1. What incredible pictures! I live in Oklahoma in the US, and it's so fun getting to see pictures from across the globe...and wishing I was there to see the views myself! Thank you for sharing your view for the rest of us to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:53 pm

    Art Deco is wonderful and looks great in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:14 am

    Great shot. Did you visit the tacky shrine to D&D in the basement and see the enormous bronze statue of them in the stairwell in 'mens'? Fayed also has a wax work of himslef in mens. No wonder they lost their royal warrant. (and that was before the accusations)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love art deco and this is a magnificent example.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just a magnificent shot! Such a plush place too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.