Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 17 March 2009

Green And Black


As most of you will know, today is St Patrick's Day, the patron saint of Ireland. There's going to be a big parade in the market square today, so I'm hoping to get some good shots of the people and what's being staged. As a flavour, here's one I took last year.

The black of my title naturally refers to Guinness, an alcoholic beverage that will be flowing freely all day long. I tried it once and found it a rather bitter and unpleasant drink, similar to vinegar.

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you. Never cared for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the looks of that festive decoration, there will be a big celebration today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One question GM

    Whjere did you get your drink from UK or Ireland??????

    In Ireland its so different than in the UK.

    Its food in Ireland.

    Ye canny beat t black stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations we have nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger award! Visit our site to find out more http://bathdailyphotoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiow dur you! Guinness is the nectar of the Gods! Granted it tastes better in Dublin than Matlock but all the same. Ye shud be ashamed of yeself, so you should.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with on the drink. I did wear a silly hat under orders of the Irish contigent here. I also lost a day on the orders of Mr Jack Daniels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.