Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 14 March 2009

Put Your Back Into It Lad!


Dudley was my destination this week. Gail came with me this time, as she's not too well at the moment, and I thought the break would do her good. While I was working, she had a walk around a nearby shopping centre. She didn't buy anything, which makes a change!
We both went the following day & I discovered this scene called "The Legger". It commentates the hard work that the men of the canal did for the area and the country. It was designed and made by Ken Howell, a local artist from the West Midlands.

3 comments:

  1. That reminds me when a good few years ago, my mate and I went down a cavern in Derbyshire and did just that with the barge on the undrground stream.

    A female out and NOT bought ANY thing, wow Gmanyou have got a diamond.lol.
    Hope Gail feels better soon my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sense of humor in this photo! Saw one similar this week on the daily photo sites (who knows where???) of people praying under something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dudley! Know it so well. Born in Brum, dragged up in the black country. Cradley Heath/Old Hill. I went to Dudley College and still know people who live this way. Chainmakers, Foundries, Manhole covers, ah yes and canals. Very nostalgic image for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.