Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 26 March 2009

No One's Going To Steal This Bus


SmartWater, is the latest thing in theft prevention. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it was being publicised in the market square the other day. I was actually more interested in the bus, as it features some unique graphics. I'm sure many a passenger has let this go by their bus stop, as they thought it wasn't a proper bus.

There's a local word that describes a pensioner who tries to board a bus with a pass for free travel before they are allowed to. They are known as 'Twirlies'; as in "Am I too early?"!

1 comment:

  1. O yes I know about twirlies - it can be 9.31 am by my watch but if the driver's watch says 9.29 they won't let you on without paying!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.