Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 29 March 2009

Plane Crazy


Many museums across Nottinghamshire opened their doors or gates for free today, as part of a scheme called 'The Big Day Out'. Some places we had been to, some didn't really interest us, but I was quite excited when I read that the air museum at Newark was on the list.

It was somewhere I'd quite fancied going to for a while & it was even better as the sun was shining all day. I took quite a number of photos, but I think this Vulcan bomber was the most impressive. The Vulcan was one of the three 'V' bombers from the Cold War of the 1950's. The Victor and Valiant being the other two. They lasted until the early 1970's when newer planes like the Jaguar were introduced.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day out GM.
    Smart pic n plane.
    Have you ever been to Duxford??.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a museum I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:13 pm

    I am somewhat like you in wanting to see the airplanes. I go to the United States Air Force Museum once in every ten years or so. I am always impressed by the number of airplanes they can get in one of their giant hangers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being of a certain age I remember this Vulcan arriving at Newark they actually flew it in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a photo of the one in Scotland :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.